This weekend I made homemade hummus and it was AMAZING! I went with a very basic hummus just to get a general feel for the entire process. The ingredients for homemade hummus were relatively cheap and I already had most of the ingredients in my pantry. This was also an extremely easy process, just dump everything into your food processor, press on, and you’re done!
- 2 cans (15 oz) drained chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) *set aside 1/3 cup of the liquid as seen in next ingredient
- 1/3 cup liquid drained from chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini (be sure to mix this well before measuring)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until ingredients have fully mixed and texture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to bowl and add garnish to top as desired.
- Enjoy with your favorite fresh vegetables!
Feel free to get creative and add any garnish to the top for an extra kick of flavor.
More hummus flavors to come!!