Hummus is so much fun to make because tiny tweaks here and there bring so much great and diverse flavor to each recipe. Today we are making Mediterranean flavored hummus using dried chickpeas that I prepped overnight using my crock pot (super easy and delicious method, and so much healthier than the canned alternative!!).
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup reserved water/liquid from cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
Ingredients for the topping
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped kalamata olives
Blend all ingredients (excluding the topping ingredients) together in a food processor until smooth.
Transfer hummus to a large bowl or container.
Finely chop your olives and parsley, combine with your olive oil, and place in the center of your hummus.
Swirl with your favorite fresh veggies or pita chips, and enjoy!